Local medical service providers and other health and wellness organizations will be on hand to let the public see what services they offer.
The fair is free, and there will be a lot to see and do. Attendees can expect to find:
- Free medical screenings
- Advice on preventative health care for all ages
- Healthy cooking demonstrations
- Give-a-ways and samples
- Drawings for prizes at many exhibitor booths
- Entertainment for kids
- First 300 attendees receive a digital thermometer
In addition, the Puget Sound Blood Center will be on-site with a bloodmobile to collect donations. If you’d like to make an appointment to donate blood, call Janet at 206-248-5508.
Puget Sounds Skills Center, Health Sciences and Human Services High School, and Highline Community College will also be on hand to talk to students of all ages who are interested in pursuing careers in the health care field. They will have information on the programs available in their facilities.
Major sponsors of the fair include:
- Burien Group Health
- City of Burien
- Highline Medical Center
- Navos Mental Health Solutions
- Schick Shadel Hospital
- Burien Nursing & Rehabilitation Center
- King County Library System
More information on the Burien Wellness Fair http://www.burienwa.gov/index.aspx?NID=894